Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Lance Kriesien Talks About Playing Football in Serbia


Lance Kriesien played for the Lumberjacks from 2005-08, finishing his career ninth on the career passing list for 3,522 yards, ninth in total offense with 4,704 yards, ninth in passing attempts with 507 and ninth in completions with 298. Overall, he contributed 38 touchdowns including 15 rushing, 21 passing touchdowns and four receiving in 33 career games.

BELGRADE, Serbia - So far, so good. We are well into our schedule and approaching the playoff season. We have been fortunate enough to find victory each week as we are currently 9-0 and undefeated in both out domestic and international leagues. The guys have been working hard all year and it is showing as we progress through our games: we are improving each week.

The coaches have kept us in favorable positions by getting ready for a fresh approach to each game while keeping things simple and allowing us to maximize our collective talents. Since my arrival, I have been impressed with my teammate's knowledge of the game and ability to adapt in game situations.

Their effort and the coaches savvy have allowed me to blossom as an athlete as I am currently leading the league in passing and rushing. I am surrounded by greatness!

So far we have had games against teams all over the country, Slovenia, and Croatia, as well as road games against an Austrian team. This week we travel to Budapest, Hungary to rematch a team we beat earlier in the season 53-35. The team is much improved and will provide another good test for us. Here is the game preview provided by the league:


Traveling with the team is always a great experience. We are able to enjoy our journeys combining a light-hearted approach to the trip while maintaining a "business trip" mentality and purpose. We travel well and the teams needs are always met when are on the road. For me, it offers a chance for me to gain prospective as a traveler and player: my passport is definitely getting a workout too.

Living abroad has been an experience of a lifetime. Being able to further my career as a player and coach has truly been a blessing. Lately, I have learned a lot about myself as a person, player, and student of this game. Serbia has offered a unique opportunity to redefine life as an American.

During my down time, I have been able to take trips to 8 different countries where I have learned a lot about what life is like outside of the States. Which, in turn, has proved to be one of the things I have enjoyed the most during my time out here.

We have reached our goals thus far this season, but there is still much work to do. Anything less than a championship is unacceptable for us. I am looking forward to another great performance from my team as we move forward in our quest for a ring!

Ajmo Vukovi !
(let's go wolves - Serbian)

Also, the game is going to be televised regionally (Serbia, Croatia, Hungary, Slovenia, Bosnia, Montenegro, etc.) . Click the following link for more information:


1 comment: